Updated: Dec 31, 2020
Viral infections with their emerging numbers are alarming, but positive news is that it is possible to prevent and recover faster from several seasonal illnesses just by eating nutritious food. Our body is a multi-functional structure made of macro and micro nutrients. Consuming suitable nutrients helps our body flourish and be at its highest potential in terms of health, fitness and productivity. One among the super specialities of our system is its own defence mechanism. All we need to do is to include immune boosters in our diet.
'Let thy food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food ' said by Hippocrates still holds true.
Eating certain foods containing active agents enhance our immunity. The leading immune boosters are:
● Citrus fruits which are the richest source of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant. Oranges, Sweet lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, Gooseberry, Kiwi are some of the examples.
● Ginger and Garlic contain phytochemicals. There are flavonoids and sulphur-rich compounds in Garlic and phenolic and terpene compounds in Ginger, making it a special ingredient to improve health.
● Herbs , such as Tulasi leaves and Lemongrass , due to the presence of essential oil and antioxidants, are natural detoxifiers.
● Pepper and Turmeric , among the spices, consists of elements Piperine and Curcumin, respectively which shows anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effect.
● Green leafy vegetables and Red or Orange coloured vegetables with beta carotene, lycopene, vitamin A etc enriches our body.
● Omega 3 fatty acids found in nuts (especially Walnut) and oil seeds (Flaxseeds, Chia seeds, etc) activate cells of the immune system. Adapting this in your regular meals is quite simple.
Just remember to eat one fruit and a few almonds per day as a snack. You can add some natural herbs and spices while cooking major meals with a colourful veg salad on the side. Enjoy a walk under the sun to catch up on some sunshine vitamin and drink plenty of plain water to stay well hydrated. This is all it takes to boost your immunity by fixing your diet and eating right. 'Let thy food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food ' said by Hippocrates still holds true.
Follow nutrilife.fit_official for happy and healthy eating.
Contact nutrilife.fit for customised diet plans.